90% of men over age of 20 see hair transplantation procedure as a probability; and they mention that they would have it if it would be necessary. The ones who suffer from hair loss mention that hair transplantation is always on their agendas and they are following updates about hair transplantation centers and hair transplantation results closely.
On the other hand, women suffering from hair loss seem more indecisive. Without a doubt, the main reason behind it that donor site gets weaker in women and the doctors do not advise hair transplantation.
Which hair loss type makes women the ideal candidates for hair transplantation?
According to experts, women who can have hair transplantation amongst all the women with hair loss problem is around 2% – 5%. Classification is made as:
- Women experiencing non-hormonal hair loss
- Experiencing hair loss on incisions due previous cosmetic operation
- The ones with androgenic alopecia or likewise hair loss (hair loss on frontal line-top and vertex but not on donor site)
- Partial hair loss due to traumas, injuries, and burns
- People with alopecia marginalis