Hair transplantation gives permanent results. Nevertheless, a second hair transplantation operation may be needed in some cases. It may be needed in order to:
- achieve the desired result in cases of continuing rapid hair loss due to androgenic alopecia,
- achieve a natural appearance by a corrective operation for those patients who have had a prior hair transplantation with the old techniques,
- achieve a density of hair nearly as abundant as the original hair for those patients who desire such a result,
- correct or shift the hairline for the aim of moving it forward or backward in accordance with the patient’s age,
- provide a hairy scalp on those sites where no prior transplantation has been done.